Dosimetric film EBT3-XD is the improved version of its predecessor the EBT3. It has been specially developed to meet the needs dosimetric applications External radiation therapy and particularly in Brachytherapy and IMRT, to meet the requirements of radiotherapy centers without processing.
further, They have improved certain aspects, such as stability between batches.
- New look with color change.
- Lower sensitivity to ultraviolet light.
- A new polymer is used to adhere the layers together.
- More stability and less change in density between batches.
- Same active material than the previous version.
- Symmetrical polyester layers.
- Micro particles that eliminate Newton rings
- Sensitivity range of doses of 0,4 Gy to 40 Gy.
- Unveiled in real time.
- Density changes rapidly stabilized after exposure.
- Independent dose response of energy from keV to MeV
- Eliminates concerns caused by the scattered radiation.
- Tissue equivalent.
- better uniformity 1,5%
- High spatial resolution
- It can be managed in light of a room. There is no need for dark room.
- High stability against light.
- Big size
- No need for processing
- It does not generate chemical waste
- Easy to cut and handle. The film may be marked with a pen and deleted if necessary.
- competitive price compared with conventional film.
The film EBT3-XD is made of two sheets of active material pasted. The outer surface is polyester, which makes a robust product and allows water to be immersed.
Since the absorption spectrum of the film get to the peak it is in 636 nm, sensitivity is maximized for reading red light.
Transmission densitometers commonly used with conventional film are suitable for film-XD EBT3. Best results are obtained red channel with a color densitometer. But nevertheless, with a filter to 636nm with a 10nm band will get the best results.
The film EBT3-XD can also be viewed with a film scanner or digitizer. Although many are valid, the most recommended is the V850 (A4) Y 12000 XL (A3) Epson brand, it provides the best response to the film EBT3-XD red channel which provides more information.
Black and white scanners use a light source spectrum, which produce less response.
HeNe laser scanners (Lumisys, Molecular Dynamics) They provide the best answer to the film-XD EBT3 because the laser has a wavelength of 633 nm, very close to the absorption peak. But nevertheless, coherent light lasers produce artifacts caused by the interaction of polarized light on the film. These artifacts can be minimized, not eliminate, using diffusers in the path of light.
The film Radiochromic EBT3-XD is designed to measure absorbed dose of high-energy radiation used in the IMRT. The answer has been shown independently to energy ranges 30 KeV to MeV
The response of the film EBT3-XD exposed to dose fractions, It is indistinguishable from the answer given in a single dose.
The EBT3 left and right EBT3-XD
The film EBT3-XD is revealed in real time without processing.
Unlike EBT2, EBT3 film-XD is again symmetrical.